My Motto… I Love Movement!
Sally was born and educated in the UK and commenced her working career as a professional dancer. Following a sudden retirement due to knee surgery, she began her journey in physiotherapy and exercise rehab in 2002. It was at this time that she qualified in Pilates and personal training and realised the immense benefits from this form of exercise training. Sally combines her continuing love of exercise rehab, fitness and physiotherapy knowledge to provide innovative and results driven sessions for the dancer.
She has been working as a physio with dancers since 2008 and has worked with musicals such as Evita and West Side Story, and now works with Bangarra Dance Theatre here in Sydney.
Sally is also an ongoing contributor for Dance Life magazine and lectures at Brent St, Ettinghausens, UDC, ED5 and Transit Dance.
Sally is a workshop professional, having created an online platform and a number of workshops for both dancers and the general public.
She launched her YouTube channel strength4dance in 2018 which has everything the dancer needs to improve flexibility safely, strengthen and train the body. In addition she presents her own tailored workshops including:
- “Your Body, Your Tool, Your Career” – 2 Day Workshop for Full Time Dancers & online resource manual.
- “Band-ITS Barre” – A studio based strength and conditioning programme for dancers.
- “Band-ITS Core” – A studio based strength and conditioning programme focused on training the core and hips for dance.
- “Band-ITS Body” – A full body training programme for general movement training.
- “Assess, Treat & Train the Hip & Pelvis” – 1 day workshop for allied health practitioners and Pilates instructors.
- “Physio Barre” – A physio led Barre/Pilates course for allied health.
- “RBT” – Resistance Band Training for allied health.
- “Resistance Training For Dance” – In conjunction with Lisa Howell & TheBalletBlog.
- “Body Image For Dancers” – In conjunction with PFP
She presents at many national conferences for both the dance and health and fitness communities; The Cecchetti Conference, ATOD, SADF, RAD, FILEX and Healthy Aging Summit.
Sally also presents year round, focusing most of her energy on Pilates based workshops and functional movement courses for these global companies:
- APPI mat L1-3 – Physiotherapist led Pilates teacher training certification programme.
- ViPR National Trainer.
- AiM Anatomy in Motion
Sally started dancing professionally at aged 8 in Panto in Nottingham, England. She completed her major exams and competed in a number of competitions in the UK and was overall champion in national senior jazz finals. She continued her career, based out of London, for a further 7 years working within the cabaret/commercial scene, with contracts in the United States, Europe and United Kingdom. She was also a dancer for Princess Cruises and Spirit of the Dance, USA.
Sally’s hobbies include travelling and 2 her two adorable cats.